Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder #butidrathergrowtogetherinthesametimezone

So this week has been interesting. Not only have I been fully submerged in the realm of graduate academia (bleh) and started working with the Farragut HS Dance Team, but it's the first time that I've had to wait over a week to see Daniel. And let me tell you... it sucks balls. We both knew this day would come when we wouldn't have the luxury of seeing each other every weekend but that didn't mean it would be an easy transition.

And this is just the beginning.

From here, we're only going to get busier and have even less time to devote to one another. Heck, this week alone our schedules have been so disjoint that we have to take advantage of every 20 minute interval that we both have to talk.

And I miss Daniel like crazy.

But that's the negative side of the situation.

Taking a page out of Daniel's book, I need to stay positive about all of this. Yeah, it's hard as crap, but I'm willing to do it. So what's the up side?

Every time I think about Daniel, I start to tear up a little bit. If someone told me that I was never allowed to eat Red Velvet Cake ever again, my sadness would only amount to a fraction of what I feel when I think about being away from him.

So how's that a positive? Well, even when I get to spend extra days with him (because he's the best boyfriend ever and surprised me a day early) and cheat and even take some of the next morning, it's not enough. I can't get enough Daniel time. I'm selfish. But hey, it's better than welcoming the break from seeing him.

Although it may be incredibly sad every time he leaves (or even when I think about him leaving), it's sad in a very encouraging way. Lately all I've wanted to do is run away and spend the rest of forever with the kid (which probably means curling up and watching Sherlock every night while watching some sassy sistas get it handed to them by the cops if we're going to be honest). As long as I'm sad when Daniel leaves, I know it'll only make our next time together that much more precious and valuable.

And by the way things have been going lately, when we see each other in a week and a half it's going to be the single best day of my life. No joke. (And that covers so many dance shows, birthdays and even the first date we ever had which, well, see post #1 for that)

:(=))

PS. I tried so hard to get that little piggy to have a heart nose but it was weird. Something about (<=3: just doesn't look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment