Saturday, June 23, 2012

Channel Surfing the Thoughts of a Piggy

When you google "Caitlin Burke and Daniel Bradley" (and vice versa), this is the first hit (see photo to the right)

I oddly feel rather attached to this picture. I feel like I can identify with it... whatever that means. Anyways...

So I've been thinking about what I want to say in this post for a while and yet I can't quite come up with what I want to say.

I want to talk about how the MegaBus both stole time from me & Daniel and yet gave us the gift of 12 hours all in one day.

I want to talk about how I become a blubbering mess every time I even think about Daniel leaving and as sucky as it is, it's the greatest, most encouraging thing ever.

I want to talk about how long distance relationships are hard and how all of the dynamics change and yet there's so much potential with what we've got going on, it's crazy.

I want to talk about how I always have all of these great things to tell Daniel every time I call him and yet when I hear his voice, I forget all of them. For those few minutes we're on the phone, we're as with one another as we can be and all I can do is relish in how great it feels.

I want to talk about how this weekend is crazy but it's all leading up to the light at the end of the tunnel and the most anticipated vacation I've ever had.

I want to talk about how touched I was by Daniel telling me that, after meeting my girls at Farragut, he didn't feel cool because of himself but because he got to be the lucky one dating me.

I want to talk about how awesome it is that Daniel and I both have a huge passion for the arts and that we can bond so perfectly over that passion.

I want to talk about how in 39 days I won't have to deal with roaches any more (which doesn't relate to Daniel in the slightest but it's the highlight of the summer for me).

I want to talk about so many things and yet there just isn't enough room on the internet for all I want to say. I'm so happy with Daniel that it should probably be a sin. Don't get me wrong, it's been tough with the whole Nashville/Knoxville thing but I have faith that there's a greater plan brewing in all of this (just like his beer!). I know this next year is going to test us more than we could ever imagine and bring us to the edge of our limits, but, as my girl Kelly would say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Boy, am I going to have some great relationship biceps at the end of this year :(=))

No comments:

Post a Comment