Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Price of Love

For the past week I've been thinking about on what I'd write this blog post. There's so many wonderful things about Daniel and the interactions we have that sometimes it's hard to pin-point one thing to write about. However, I narrowed it down to something that came to the forefront after today.

Although we may have graduated and received our diplomas (well, at least one of us has) we're still broke college kids. Because of this, sometimes it's hard to do all the things we want to do. If I had it my way, I'd drive to Nashville every day I wasn't obligated to be in Knoxville just to be with him. Thanks to my lacking financial situation (along with the life of my car and my butt's happiness) such a feat is not possible. Yet because I have the absolute best boyfriend in the world, he's come to Knoxville multiple times already. In addition to that, my wonderful amazing boyfriend also still stays true to his chivalrous self by always treating me in the best of ways. From brushing my hair to holding doors open, my boyfriend does it all.

The most taxing of all these gestures is paying whenever we go out. Now, there has been a nice balance between who grabs the check (well, as much as he'd allow and really only because his card doesn't always work) but more times than not he has it covered.

One of the first times we ever hung out, we spent the entire night (and thus next morning) just talking and getting to know one another. After taking what we can best classify as a small nap, we woke up and went to lunch with my roommate Tia and her boyfriend Chris. As we walked up to the cash register to pay for our Mexican food, Daniel goes "oh don't worry, I've got it." "Thank you," I replied with a smile to which Daniel said, "No, thank you for always smiling." I promptly ran over to Tia and gave her the play by play breakdown and I'm pretty sure there was a general d'awww in the restaurant.

Even in the hardest of times financially, Daniel is always eager to pay for me. I try to make a point to thank him for every dollar that he spends on me (regardless if he should or not) but sometimes I feel as if it comes off a little obligatory-sounding. Never do I ever feel that Daniel should pay for my food or coffee and yet he usually does. It's little acts like that which help me out in such a way that means so much to me. I want him to know that he never has to pay for me to do anything and that, if it came down to it, I'd work my butt off to pay for us to do everything. I also want him to know just how much I appreciate all the money he does spend on me. I know girlfriends are the most expensive things out there (aside from wives and maybe puppies) but I try to make sure I'm not costing him one of his gorgeous, oh-so-nicely toned arm or leg.

So thank you, Daniel, for spending money on me as often as you do. Your efforts do not go unnoticed.

Oh, and if you ever wane me to pay you back, just say so. I've got a nice piggy bank of kisses just waiting to be cashed :(=)*(=):

1 comment:

  1. You need to calm down on these posts, they're making me tear up :(=)
    <3

    ReplyDelete