Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Time for Smackin'

This weekend was our 6 month anniversary (or piggy-versary). It started out a bit less than ideal thanks to uncontrollable circumstances but, when looking back on the weekend, all I can see are positives. There was bluegrass (and plenty of puppies!!), winning soccer games, family time, beaucoup de German food, "comedy" readings, envelope stuffing, fireworks, line dancing, running around in the rain, sleeping, eating, more eating, The Little Prince, trivia, and serenading (did I get everything?). 

If you would have asked me 6 months ago how this whole long-distance thing would have gone, I would have said (and actually did say) not so great. And yet somehow we've literally stolen time. Every time we get to visit it seems as if we push the envelope on our timeframes. Sometimes it's intentional, like when Daniel decides that after sitting at Copper Cellar for a few extra hours that it'd be best to drive to Nashville on Tuesday morning rather than Monday night. But sometimes it's out of our control, like when the Megabus goofs in my favor and tells Daniel he needs to come back and be on the bus 12 hours later.

We've been so blessed thus far in our relationship and our ability to really maximize all the time we can with each other. Throughout all of it I can't help but think of the quote "If God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it." I've always believed it because of my faith but it seems as if the past years have really been a testament to God's will. I know that I will never truly know what God has planned for me but I can't help but think he's laying the foundation for something beautiful (like a piggy!)

:(=)

No comments:

Post a Comment