First off, it must be noted how amazing this past weekend was. Not only did Daniel TOTALLY OWN his triathalon (apparently in both the collegiate AND clydesdale categories) but we got to spend ample time curled up next to each other on the "love sack." I may not have seen any of PotC3 but I do remember all the cuddling we had. It was perfect.
Now on to the meat of this. We all know about poor Tia's cat, Saki, who happened to die while Daniel and I were cat-sitting (some say we killed it... but it was 19 years old, so give us a break). We all also know about my history with sock monkeys. Rumor has it Tia mentioned to Daniel that he needs to give me a sock monkey. Low and behold, a few days later Daniel took a toy from Sonic that just so happened to be nothing else but a sock monkey.
So we named it Saki (you know, Sock-y, in honor of the dead cat).
A week or so later, Daniel confessed that he had his own Saki, living in Nashville. I was amazed but loved that we both has Saki monkeys that seemed to link us together.
This past weekend I hid Saki in my duffle bag as a stow away. Somehow, when I got back to Knoxville, I had not one, but TWO Sakis! This wasn't simply that the Nashville Saki wanted a friend and came home with me, either, because Daniel had a Saki of his own still in Nashville!! Somehow we went from one Saki to three in a little more than a month!
I think Daniel has a huge bag of Sakis just waiting to appear but he believes that my girl Saki will just constantly get pregnant and make little Saki babies. Regardless, there's a mystery as to where all the Saki's came from. But that's the beauty of it. To me, there's no set explanation.
There's also no rhyme or reason as to why we fell in love with one another, but I can tell you that, just like the Saki monkeys, our love has multiplied, every weekend, and always brings a huge smile to my face :(=))
No comments:
Post a Comment