In honor of the most recent news from FHS, I've posted my favorite (and most convenient for this blog) song by none other than the great Dave Barnes.
Since there's been a few "ups and downs" this past week, I think this song is very fitting. Daniel has been my saving grace and all... :(=))
Anyways, I've been thinking about what I wanted to post about all week. There's a few ways I can go but I'll save those for later weeks.
A big theme of this week, and specifically this current weekend, has been sleep. Between entertaining middle school campers and doing overnight floorset, sleep has been in short supply for the two of us. Now it must be noted that I am a morning person even though I don't particularly enjoy it. Daniel, however, is not a morning person to the extreme. If it's before 9am (but preferably 10am), Daniel isn't quite himself. For example, after taking Tia to the MegaBus early one morning, Daniel proceeded to do what we have deemed "The Roach" (how about we add that to your dance move list?). Anyways, it was ridiculous and absolutely great (because then it lead to us hanging out in Sequoyah Hills at the lake and then Panera!)
What I'm trying to say is that sleep is important and Daniel will only sacrifice sleep for the most important of things.
Like killing GIANT BUTT SPIDERS in my bathroom (which was very very very much appreciated by the way).
Or, for more times than not, to spend time with me. Here's a few examples:
1. Staying in Knoxville until Sunday morning last time so that he could spend the night with me. He had to leave at about 7:30am. He woke up at 6:45am.
2. As mentioned before, bringing Tia to the MegaBus station. The time in particular was when we promised him donuts if he drove with us around 6:30am. Sure enough, he appeared at the doorway of Andy Holt in his little sweater, pants, and Toms, looking adorable as ever.
3. Not so much by choice, but waking up with me at 6am in order to be up while I was getting ready to go to school at FHS. This one wasn't so much by choice but instead of just laying in bed, he got up with me... and went to bed AFTER I left.
4. Offered to wake up earlier EVERY DAY in Nashville simply so that he could talk to me as I drove to Farragut instead of having to wait until 4:30pm every day. Although this hasn't happened yet, and possibly never will, it was still a sweet offer.
5. By far my most favorite, however, was the first weekend we ever spent together. We had just gone on an awesome date the night before. Daniel called me up as I got home from work and took me on a surprise. We went to WalMart to buy brownie mix, brought it back to Lauren's family birthday party, made balloons to look like Joel and hung out with Tia and Ex-topher. After tossing around the idea of double dating while watching a movie, Tia and Chris went upstairs to go to bed. Before we knew it, Chelsea was waking up in order to go to work. I should note that Chelsea had the most awkward work schedule where she would go into work at inhumane hours. Regardless, the roommates were starting their day and we were just talking. And we continued to talk all night long and all morning long (with a little kissing towards the end ;) )
Anyways, the moral of the story is that it wasn't just little sleep, it was no sleep at all. At best you could say we took a slight nap before going out for Mexican (and Tee Fats!) with Tia and Chris. Given how much Daniel honestly needs his sleep, it takes something very special to get him to not sleep at all. And I know that I must be really special to him for him to do that. More importantly, he saw the potential we had right at the get-go (he always was good at the whole fore-sight thing).
So for all of the sacrifices, I say thank you. The best I can offer is to answer your phone calls at any hour, even if I've already gone to bed. I want you to know just how much I appreciate all that you put into this relationship and hope that my actions reflect that I feel the same way.
I love you Boo Bear :(=))
No comments:
Post a Comment