I owe Daniel 2 posts so here I present post #1 of 2.
The last time I went to Nashville was great. There was beer, baseball, more beer, free sunglasses (or luggage tags), more beer, hard cider and Olympics, all topped with a huge heap of piggy. What could be better?
The only snafu to the weekend was we had a bit of a miscommunication which led to a bit of an argument which lead to a few tears on both of our parts. I honestly believe that disagreement within a relationship is healthy but that doesn't mean that it's fun. So as much as I'm glad that we got to work through our differences, it still weighed on both of us.
But we piggy-vered! (that's persevered... piggy style :(=)) ).
The irony is that I've been obsessed with a song lately. Here, give it a listen:
Ok, maybe the video doesn't play on here but you can watch it on YouTube just as easily.
Anyways, I always thought of Daniel when I heard this song because all I ever want to do is make sure Daniel knows how much I truly care about him. He's always been better at showing his feelings than me and I am constantly struggling to make sure he knows everything I say is genuine and from the heart. Heck, I even started a blog for him for that very reason ;)
But this song took on a whole new meaning after that weekend.
I want Daniel to know that no matter what happens, how many disagreements we have, or how many miles try and separate us, he's always going to be wanted by me. As Hunter says (in a bit modified way) "as good as you make me feel, I want to make you feel better," and that's my pledge to Daniel, to constantly strive to make sure he feels 10x better and more wanted than he makes me feel. It's a big challenge but I'm up for it, because he's worth it.
See you in a few days Daniel :(=))
No comments:
Post a Comment