Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Bow Tie Fiasco

What a weekend.

It all started out with a wedding. Amy and Mark were getting married and Daniel and I were going! Daniel had his Megabus tickets purchased (sadly, that's plural on the tickets), vest packed, and dancing shoes ready (although we didn't get to put those on for too long thanks to the wedding). All was set.

Or so we thought.

I found out a little too late that I wasn't able to wear the dress I had planned on wearing because it was black and too formal. So instead of having the perfect dress to match Daniel's bowtie, I had nothing. So there we were, Saturday morning (the day of the wedding) rushing around the mall like mad piggies trying to find me a dress. Cheap trashy store after cheap trashy store proved to be unfruitful, we finally found the perfect dress for under $10. We made out like bandit piggies. Now everything was set.


Or so we thought.


After a quick shower, a few egg sandwiches and rushing around, we were out the door and on our way to the wedding. Waze said we'd be there past 2pm. Challenge accepted for this piggy. As I drove, Daniel spent all 20 minutes trying to tie his bow tie. Whether it was the fast speeds, the minuscule mirror or insane amount of pressure we were under, the bow tie never came out successful. We pulled into our parking spot at 1:59pm, ran into the wedding right before the ceremony and barley made it.


We never did get that bow tie to work out.

The whole thing was one big lesson in irony, really. After everything we went through, we didn't even get to wear the bow tie. It's funny how something so small can make such a big impact. It was all because of that bow tie that we went out shopping, missed having coffee and almost didn't make the ceremony (although I'm pretty sure we could have just been escorted if we were too late. I mean, everyone else and their mother was). From this we've learned not to sweat the small stuff because in the big picture it doesn't really matter (and we're big picture piggies). The whole day we were happy as ever because we were just with one another. So we didn't both have on blue-who cares! We looked darn good regardless. Dress or no dress, bow tie or no bow tie, we both left that wedding with some of the best memories simply because we were together. I guess it all goes to show that no matter what happens, everything is perfect when we're together simply because we love one another so much. 


And boy is that a great feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment