As promised, post #2 for the week (and it's a good one, I've been thinking about it for a few weeks now).
Daniel Bradley is awesome. The only thing more awesome than him is me (how's that for self-assurance?). So naturally, the only thing that is more awesome than either of us is both of us together, dating.
So awesome, in fact, that I have this urge to scream from the top of Ayres how much I truly appreciate him and how much I love our relationship (I chose Ayres because it's the tallest building on the highest "mountain" around here... and because it's mathy). Often times, I find myself word vomiting about our relationship and how great it is and yaddie yaddie yaddah.
But there's been quite a few times when I've had to hold back based on to whom I'm talking. I have friends who haven't been able to get a boyfriend in eons and people who are so upset with boys that it would just be wrong for me to ramble about the relationship that so graciously been presented to me. And it's horrible. It's like not scratching an itch, not eating a piece of cake right in front of you, not oinking when Daniel calls (okay, maybe that last one only applies to me...) All that to say it's really hard not to be so overly happy that it annoys everyone. So most of the time I just go on anyways and hope my friends don't mind.
But the craziest part, is how noticeable our love for one another is. Back in April, Daniel's friend Andrew was playing at Barley's and Liz decided to come with us to the concert. Little did we know, so did her entire family. As I got to meet Liz's parents for the first time, so did Daniel. After exchanging a few short words and then moving to our table, the Letendre's made a comment to Liz saying how much they could tell Daniel cares about me. HOLY MOLEY! I was completely shocked that they could tell all of that from just a few sentences, but nonetheless thoroughly enjoyed it.
On the flip side, my parents came down a week ago to help me move a few blocks. While dad and I got the pleasure of moving boxes, Daniel got the luxury of sitting in Nashville doing homework (let's be real, I'm not quite sure dad and I got the short end of that stick). As we sat in Stefano's after a hard day's work, my dad kept bringing up how Daniel was so lucky that all he would have to do was help me organize my stuff and to not forget that HE was the one who did all the heavy lifting. It was cute how jokingly defensive my dad got. All he really wanted was to make sure I didn't completely forget about him because of how much he could tell I liked Daniel. I even think he made a few comments to my mom because every time he would say something about Daniel, my mom would pat him on the shoulder, look at me and say "he just wants to make sure you remember that HE was the first man in your life." It was really cute, honestly. My dad was vying for my love (although he really doesn't have to-I promise there's enough to go around).
All that to say that even in the most physically distant situations, it's still so evident to those around us how much Daniel and I care for one another. I have this mental image of us just literally emanating love. I can't speak for Daniel, but I know that whenever I think about him (which is often), I truly feel like I'm glowing.
It's magical, really... but then again so is our whole relationship (and I'm not just talking about our epic HP World voyage)
I :(=)) U
No comments:
Post a Comment