This weekend really embodied everything that I admire about Daniel. First, I got to come in a whole day early and spend Thursday night with him. We got to hang out with friends and play silly games and stand on tiny couch cushions together (no complaining here!). It was a night full of friendships and America and really played to one of the favorite parts of our relationship: the social side.
Friday, Daniel played Best Boo Bear and drove me to my interview and gave me a pep talk that made me feel like I ruled the world. After a somewhat hopeful interview, we went to the expo and signed up for every single raffle that we could find (even if we didn't need a whole house makeover). We had a blast just running around grabbing all the free stuff and all the samples and getting hyped up for the long smacks the next day. It was awesome.
Saturday. What a day. We had the half and the double-half and it couldn't have been wetter. Although it rained the whole time, nothing could rain on our parade (figuratively, of course). After training for 4 months, I was amazed by all that we had accomplished. There were many ups and a few downs during the training process and yet we persevered and were able to have a very successful run nonetheless. One of the best things about this marathon is that there wasn't a single time when Daniel lost faith in my ability to do it. Personally, I had very little faith that I'd be able to actually do it and yet Daniel was so encouraging the entire time, even if I didn't want him to be. Not only that, but Daniel was my smacking buddy so many times no matter how slow I went. It was nice to have him next to me to push me through my hardest times (and even when he would run off, it still gave me a REALLY NICE view ;(=)) ). Overall, this marathon was more than just a race but a huge accomplishment that we did, together.
This entire weekend was the perfect microcosm of all of the favorite aspects of our relationship (minus the piggies. There was an absence of a few of the piggies because I'm a bad boo bear). I can't wait to have many many more weekends (and soon to be weeks) just like this one. :(=))
No comments:
Post a Comment