Monday, January 7, 2013

Adventures

This past week I got to spend a whole 7 days with Daniel and it was amazing. Back in July, Daniel and I were able to take a whole week and spend it together down in Florida, at the beach and Harry Potter World. I remember thinking that I better enjoy it while I can because it's going to be a while before we get another whole week to ourselves. And it was a long time but boy was the wait worth it. There were so many adventures this past week, more than I can recount on here, and each was amazing in its own special way. Even Daniel getting stabbed 3 TIMES couldn't bring the day down because 1) we got Zaxby's out of it 2) we got to spend that much more time together 3) I learned Daniel and I handle shots the exact same way and 4) we still got to do our awesome brewery tour afterwards! Overall, it was an amazing week.

And now, after I've gone, Daniel has come down with some sort of flu/cold/sickness thing. He thinks it's from his TDAP shot but I think its his body's way of missing me ;) Anyways, it made me think of an adventure we had many months ago. I had come over to Daniel's apt in Andy Holt and we were going to hang out. I wasn't feeling well and it seemed as if I was getting sick. Daniel ended up making me green tea and despite my dislike of teas and green things, I drank it anyways. It was the sweetest thing Daniel could have done and it worked like a charm. I didn't get sick from it! It was Daniel's caring for me and loving me even when I was sick that pulled me out of it (so now I'm making Daniel make himself green tea and drink it, because I can't be there to make it for him).

And that was the first time I ever fell asleep while trying to watch Star Wars.

Anyways, all this to say that there's so many special times in our relationship that even a blog updated weekly can't contain them all. So many times that show just how much we care for one another and how much we love one another and all the sacrifices we make in the name of piggies. And even though the longer we have together only makes saying goodbye that much harder (#directvariationsucks), it's all completely worth it. Because to me, it's a constant reminder of just how much love there is in our relationship and how nothing, not distance, not different work schedules, not even a time zone, can ever break that. So yes, I miss you dearly and I'm crying as I'm thinking about you, but it's a happy crying because I know that in just a few days I get to see you, the love of my life, once again.

Oink oink :(=))

No comments:

Post a Comment