Friday, December 28, 2012

Tis the Season (to be piggies)

The last time I saw Daniel was 2 weeks ago. We had a great weekend filled with puppies, Goodwill-ing, graduation parties and much needed time to just enjoy each other. There was also some frankincense and mur! It was an absolutely amazing weekend, full of so much food that Daniel and I both got sick from it (hence not updating the blog last weekend).

Remember when you were a kid and Christmas was coming? Remember the excitement that you got just thinking about Santa? It was the single best time of the year where kids all over were filled with pure, genuine joy.

It's been a while since I've felt that way about Christmas. Once clothes infiltrated my Wish List and the thought of having the bills paid for a month was better than any toy, the Christmas spirit just didn't seem the same. It's a bit disheartening knowing that the joy and excitement from childhood has disappeared and instead we're constantly faced with the responsibilities and stresses of "the real world."

But this year has been different. Every day I've anxiously waiting for the next, only to be one day closer to seeing Daniel. You'd have thought it was Christmas! From shaving my legs the night before to wearing a special outfit to talking nonstop about him, I have been overwhelmed with the joy and excitement of getting to see Daniel. It's honestly been refreshing to know that there are still things in the world that are so special they can elicit these feelings and emotions from me. This past month has been one of the hardest, most stressful things I've ever done and yet that couldn't stop me from being the happiest person in the world. And just like the night before Christmas, here I am, almost 1am, unable to fall asleep because I'm so utterly excited to see Daniel the next day.

The only difference between Christmas and us is that, unlike the joys of Christmas, I get to experience this same joy every time I get to see Daniel. Whether it's been 2 weeks or 2 hours, it doesn't matter because Daniel is that special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment