So it seems I've been a bit of a bad piggy with my blog. I haven't updated in 2 weeks. So instead of trying to go back in time, I'm going to make this one extra special. :(=))
This weekend was ah-mazing. I must admit, the week started out to a bit of a rougher start than normal and because of it, Daniel willingly skipped his Halloween party to spend an extra night with me. I'm not sure if he will ever truly know how much it means to me that he gave up his prior commitments and some good hang-out time with his friends to be with me but it means more to me than the ocean is deep.
Not only that, Daniel and I got to then spend Thursday night together, eating pizza and cake rolls while watching some awful band warm up at Barleys. We got to spend Friday playing dress up, looking at art and being hipster at Tomato Head. Then we capped it off with the most exciting Saturday ever, filled with Apple-ness, sacks filled with steak, PUPPIES!!!, shoes for crazy cheap, brewery tours, home brewers hangout time, talking with a parrot, eating MORE pizza, and getting cultured at Stompfest (the last group with the blue shoes won!). Overall, it was a weekend filled with only the best of memories (and a couple free pint glasses and a growler!)
As I'm sure Daniel knows, one of the coolest things to me is the difference between northern and southern cultures. For example, you'd be hard pressed to find sweet tea in the north and yet in the south it's a staple... everywhere. In the north, everyone says "you guys" and in the south it's a big ole "yall." But one of the coolest is that in the north, we would say to someone "hey thanks, I appreciate it" whereas in the south you're more likely to hear "hey thanks, I appreciate ya." I know it's a small difference but it's there.
I know travelling to Knoxville weekend in and weekend out is tiring and it's even more tiring to travel during the week. But that's what Daniel does for me, all the time. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend who is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure I'm okay and feeling well. I truly don't deserve you and yet you're all mine (and a little bit Shepesh's). I know I don't say it nearly enough, but Daniel, I appreciate both you and all that you do. I'm the luckiest piggy that there ever was, all because I get to call me yours. Thank you for everything boo bear. It's much appreciated by this little piggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment