We've all got instincts. Sometimes they're called our "gut feelings" and sometimes they're just what we label "intuition." Either way, they're things that we don't question and are usually right.
This past week Daniel and I have been at the beach. Last Sunday we spent ALL day driving and then sleeping just to get here (thus why I haven't been able to post until now). It's been great here. On Thursday, we had something amazing happen. As we're floating out in the water, just a few feet off of the sandbar, we saw a dorsal fin of what we believe to have been a sandbar shark. Now when you see a dorsal fin in the water, you run... or swim as fast as you can.
So what we did was skedaddle as fast and calmly as we could. As the shorter, less lengthily-legged of the two of us, I was going to be the one to naturally move slower. Yet as we were scurrying away, Daniel instantly grabbed my hand and made sure that I was going to be okay.
Turned out we were fine-Mr. Shark just wanted to say hello.
What was great was his instinct to make sure I was going to be okay. I couldn't be more appreciative of the way that he takes care of me and always makes sure that I'm happy (like driving around for an unnecessary 45 minutes just to find an Applebees for supper and happy hour, pictures with manatee mailboxes and stone bears, and signs that say "Casa Bonita"!) It's the greatest feeling ever knowing that he's out there for me. As Sheldon would say, "He's got my back, Jack" (fitting given that we're watching Big Bang Theory right now).
Overall, I'm the luckiest girl/piggy/bear in the world to have Daniel. I know I say this every post, but it's true. Every day my mind is blown by our relationship and how amazing he is. We have this perfect chemistry that is unmatched by any other and lovin's that never end (mainly because we'll never let that happen).
And my instinct is telling me that this is something that should be cherished and held onto... forever. :(=))

No comments:
Post a Comment