There's certain times when being in a long-distance relationship really sucks. One of those times is now. Due to a retreat and nationals and a miscommunication, Daniel and I aren't able to see one another for 3 whole weeks. This is the first time in 11 months that we haven't been able to uphold our limit of not going more than 2 weeks without seeing one another. At only one week in, it already sucks.
But, trying to be a positive piggy, here's the silver lining to it all: I miss Daniel terribly. It's hard to emphasize just how much I miss him because every time I think about it, it makes me cry. So as I sit here on a Premiere bus (which doesn't help because the last time I was on a bus like this it was in the middle of the night, the night before Daniel's triathalon, and I was going to see him and cheer him to his victory in the "clydesdale" division), typing this blog post, I'm getting all worked up because the thought of going 2 more weeks without being able to see him, hold him, kiss him, or oink him just sounds miserable. As this incredibly busy weekend has proven, not being able to talk to one another just puts us both in a feisty mood, so with not being able to see one another for 3 weeks who knows how restless we'll both be by the end.
So back to that silver lining. It's encouraging knowing that there's something so important that I can't imagine going without it even for a day. There is absolutely nothing else in my life that I can say that about (except for my other man, Jesus) and that's because Daniel is that special to me. So even though we've got to fight the distance for a few more months, it's worth it because, unlike the distance that will soon be ending, our need and our love for one another never will.
Happy 11 months sweetness. I can't wait to spend the rest of forever with you and never again have to go 3 weeks without the love of my life. :(=))
No comments:
Post a Comment