To say this past weekend was amazing would be an understatement.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love puppies. So surprising me by taking me to an adoption fair was the best thing ever. There were so many puppies and Daniel and I got to dream about which puppy we'd love to buy. It was the perfect surprise for a Saturday afternoon. Not only that, Daniel had to deal with my over-emotional, puppy-deprived self for a few hours and that in and of itself deserves a reward.
Nonetheless, the weekend greatness didn't stop there. Sunday afternoon we decided to be adventurous and try some Turkish food for lunch. After stuffing our faces the night before on chicken, cake and cakeballs, the last thing we needed was a feast of eggplant, stuffed things, bread and tea... but that's what we got. It was great being able to explore foods from various parts of the world and meet wonderful people named "Corey."
Overall, it was a perfect reminder of what a weekend should be. It was filled with events but was probably the most relaxing weekend I've had in a while (but maybe that's because I got to nap through the entire movie...). Everyone always craves the weekend but I think us more so than the average Joe. The weekend doesn't only bring about a break from the humdrum lives of working adults (and waking up about 2 hours before anyone ever should-am I right?) but it provides an opportunity for us to be together and delight in each other's company. Because when I get to spend time with Daniel, even if it's just for a few hours, I treasure every minute of it because he means the absolute world to me. And for those few minutes, it's okay that I don't have a puppy because I've got my boo bear and nothing, and I mean nothing, could be better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment