My name is Caitlin and I have the best news ever: I have the most amazing boyfriend in the world. His name is Daniel Bradley. He's 22 years old, a jazz percussionist, enjoys rock climbing and loves Jesus more than anything. My favorite thing about him, however, is that he's mine (that's right ladies, hands off). Standing at a towering 6 ft 2 in, he's my not-so-little treasure (gosh that's about as cheesey as the mac and cheese my roommate just made... and a double entendre if you catch my drift ;-] ).
Here's a picture of the two of us from Easter:
D'awwww, adorable right? I'm not sure exactly how I got to be the lucky girl that he pursued back in February but hey, I'm not going to question it. What I do know is the pursuit began with one of the best, most intentional dates I've ever been on. And it's there where our story begins (but more on this in a second).
The whole point of this blog is that I want to show my appreciation, respect and admiration for Daniel (did you know the word admiration is defined as "respect and warm approval"? Yeah, I give him my warm approval). I hope that by posting regularly my favorite things about him, Daniel will always be reminded of the positive impact he has had and continues to have on my life.
Now about that date of ours. I think it's fitting that the first date we went on should be the first post I have about him. After coming to the Boss Dance Company Spring Showcase and me attending his senior jazz recital, it was obvious that we were interested in one another. Long story short, Daniel surprised me by taking me to get a bottle of wine, Savelli's for supper and an Ice Bears hockey game.
The best part of it all was that everything had a reason. He took me to Savelli's because I had once told him my biggest travel desire is to go to Italy to try real Italian food and, according to him, he couldn't take me to Italy so this was the next best thing. We got a bottle of wine because I'm pretty sure he just knew I loved wine, and to the Ice Bears game because I had never been to a hockey game despite it being my favorite sport to watch (ps. go RED WINGS!!) The entire night couldn't have been more perfect... and it was only date #1.
I've been on nice dates before but no one has ever been that intentional with me. Daniel didn't plan the date and hope for the best, but rather he thought long and hard about what the best possible date would be. It was obvious the planning that had gone into this and boy, did it win me over. To have someone go through so much effort in order to impress me really flattered and deeply touched me. I felt honored to have someone go through all of that just to make me happy.
And it doesn't stop there. Daniel is so intentional with everything he does it's crazy. He never ceases to amaze me with his ingenuity and the lengths he is willing to go through just to make me smile. I'm so blessed and thankful to have someone like Daniel in my life (even if he isn't here physically. Washington DC, you better enjoy having Daniel because once Sunday rolls around he's MINE!! Ha!)
Thank you, Daniel, for having such a positive impact on my life. You truly are my not-so-little treasure. :(=))

No comments:
Post a Comment